Scheda Tecnica

 ■ PROGRAMMA INDICATIVO (proposta per Full Day)

  • Ritrovo con la Guida a Varallo; proseguimento per Alagna
  • Visita del centro del paese: chiesa parrocchiale, contrade, Museo Walser
  • Pranzo
  • Proseguimento per Riva Valdobbia, visita del centro con chiesa di San Michele
  • Tempo libero a disposizione e rientro/sistemazione in hotel


  • Tipologia di interesse: culturale, storico, artistico, ambientale
  • Difficoltà: (T) Semplice
  • Accesso ai disabili: SI
  • Periodo: tutto l’anno
  • Le nostre proposte di visita sono modulabili, personalizzabili e valide per ogni target di utenza: singoli, coppie, famiglie, scuole,  gruppi/minigruppi organizzati

Ingresso al Museo Walser: € 3,00 a persona; 1 gratuità ogni 20

Informazioni soggette a variazioni annuali

Alagna and Riva, the “Twin Stones”  

Once Alagna and Riva Valdobbia were united into one community called “Twin Stones”. Alagna stands at the foot of Monte Rosa massif. It was founded by the Walser community during the XIII century. The Walser’s ancient name for Alagna was Im Land. It belongs to the Alta Valsesia Natural Park, the highest protected area in Europe (4,554 m Signalkuppe). The Walser Museum is one of the most interesting places to visit opened in 1976 in an original XVII century Walser house. It was built to preserve the memory of this civilization. Thanks to a pleasant walk around Alagna’s hamlets we’ll have the chance to see the typical houses built of wood and stone, fountains in the centre of the villages, bread ovens and the mills, sawmills and more. The itinerary continues on until the Riva Valdobbia. It is located at the beginning of Val Vogna, a side valley that extends up to Gressoney-Saint-Jean thanks to the refuge Sottile Ospizio. Originally it was a Valsesian village but during the XIII century it was colonized by the Walser people from Gressoney. Among the artistic beauties not to be missed there is the facade of the parish church of San Michele Arcangelo. It has a magnificent fresco which represents the Last Judgement painted by Melchiorre D’Enrico in 1597-1607.